Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Broken Brain Quilt Math

For one of the doll quilts I'm working on, I started with a pattern for a 6 inch x 9 inch miniature and am making the blocks twice as large. As a result of some broken brain calculations, I made enough strip sets to make more than twice as many blocks as I need . . . or more than enough blocks for a quilt for my friend Terri and one for me. I'm choosing to see it as a silver lining ;-)

I was a mini-chain-piecing fool this afternoon.

chain piecing

By evening, I had seventy little blocks made.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Yay for twin quilts! I seem to keep doing that with my swap quilt too... Like any of us really need the extra work!

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

sophie said...

For once, I didn't intend to make twin quilts, but when I realized I made far more strip sets than I needed . . . I decided I was intended to make one for myself.

As of this evening, I have one top ready to quilt, one waiting for borders. I think they will become fraternal twins with different borders and quilting designs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...