Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Thanks, Kate


I realize that I have, once again, disappeared out of sight . . . mostly because of work, which is, in the grand scheme of things, probably a good thing. (I mean working again, not disappearing, of course.) Tonight my group went on a field trip and by the time I had a drink with a couple of colleagues and road the DART rail home, it was 10 PM. Yawn . . .

While catching up on blogs, Kate directed my attention to Kellie's lovely quilt, called Lilly Pilly, part of which is pictured here.

I'm popping up to share this amazing piece because, incredibly, it is part of a blog giveaway and–as much as I'd love to win this beauty myself–how could I not share the news with my friends?

Do go check out the rest of her photos of this quilt on her block Don't look now (and all the other eye candy she has there.)

I love the use of the striped fabric for the tree's trunk, limbs and brands. I adore the birds and the quilting is just spectacular!!

3 comments:

Cyndee said...

Wow!! I just love it. Thanks for sharing with us quilters. I am glad you are busy working. Was it worth the wait?

floribunda said...

OMG -- I thought you were going to say that Kate made this for you! Or that you won it... but maybe I will win it instead?

sophie said...

Julie, if I can't win this fabulous quilt, I think it would be wonderful if someone I know did. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...