Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Weekend after the FNSI

Orange Broken Dishes BlocksKnock knock.

Who's there?

Orange.

Orange who?

Orange you going to blog about the results of your Friday Night Sew In?

On Friday, I finished cutting almost 800 orange triangles ... and I spent some time over the weekend sewing together triangle squares and making broken dishes blocks. It was a whole lot of chain sewing and pressing ...

These are twelve of the 21 blocks I'm making.

The real fun is coming ... when the orange blocks are done, I'll add them to the yellow, green, blue, purple and red ones and start playing on the design wall.

10 comments:

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Thats a lot of blocks......love the orange! Your quilt is gonna look great when you get all of them together on the design wall.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

That quilt will be incredible.

Quilter Kathy said...

These orange blocks are gorgeous!

Nann said...

What a cheerful bunch o' blocks!

Julie in GA said...

I can't wait to see all your colors together!

scraphappy said...

Such a cheery group of orange blocks. Looking forward to seeing the whole collection soon.

Jo said...

Oh wow you have done heaps. Can't wait to see them with the other colours

Julierose said...

800??? triangles to match up??? Oh my!! I told my DH and he asked me if after sewing over 1000 squares into my Sleigh Bells Ring quilt I might like to try some "Pointalism"--maybe a gazillion dots or so! Hahahaha--he wants to send me over the edge even more than I am already--just see if Santa leaves him anything but COAL in his stocking this year!! LOL Hugsx2 hope you are feeling better Julierose

Auntie Em said...

Wow! A very ambitious project, but the results look great!

Kate North said...

These are so gorgeous - can't wait to see the whole thing together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...