I've finished quilting the string star quilt ... and decided it needed string binding. And so, last night, I started making the 10 yards of it I'll need. I didn't get very far ...
The binding made so far is on the left, the strings I have cut from scraps so far are on the right.
The "strings" for the binding are a bit wider than I used in the stars (to try to keep the thickness of all those seams to a minimum). I will continue cutting strings from my scrap bins and sewing them together with a goal of spending my Sunday evening Slow Stitching down the binding. Wish me luck!
Here's a peek at the quilt after it was washed–lint (from the exposed batting) and all.