Sunday, September 20, 2015

Missing My Big Design Wall

I have some ideas about how/where I can put a big design wall in my little sewing room, but until that happens, I have been making do with the living room floor.

Missing my big design wall

It seemed like it would work OK, until one of my cats decided to have fun and kept passing through, messing things up and nonchalantly leaving the scene of the crime.

Fleeing the scene of the crime ... Johnny Strikes again

... but the sun is in this spot ...When caught in the act, he quickly switched gears and tried to distract me with flirting ...

Incredibly, I did get the blocks sewn together.

I haven't yet decided on borders, binding or quilting design ... but I figure I have enough time to make those decisions and finish this in time for Spring's arrive in 6 months.

Sharing my adventure with the list for Design Wall Monday.

Very Scrappy Tulip Garden quilt top

11 comments:

Nann said...

Now that you have all these blocks made, what happens if you win the lotto this month?

carol fun said...

Beautiful blocks... love how you set them...and it is a wonder sometimes that we ever get anything together. I take a picture with my phone as soon as I have the layout figured out as my cat likes to play designer too.

Rebecca said...

I put a neutral sheet on the top of the bed and call it a design bed....Works better then the floor. It is easier to walk away and come back to when I need perspective or a fresh look.

Ramona said...

What a bright, cheerful quilt. I love the flower blocks and the happy fabrics. Beautiful setting, too.

Anonymous said...

That looks SO good! I keep wanting to make some blocks and I just can't find any time for it.

Unknown said...

Looks beautiful. Mix of colours is gorgeous.

Linda in Calif. said...

This is just so beautiful. I love this block and I love your fabrics/colors. You are so quick with your sewing.

Suze said...

oooh purty!!! looks so fresh and cheery

jenclair said...

Beautiful! I love how the color pops against the white--so cheerful!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Oooooooo! I love that one!

Vera said...

Beautiful combo of colors and pattern.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...