Sunday, December 04, 2005

Artist Way: weeks 4 & 5

Even though I'm still not getting the purpose of linking to a blog that exists only to be linked to ... here's my link.

Artist Way Quilters: Chap 5 Check-in December 4, 2005

My apologies for not posting last week's check-in ... life and physical limitations have dominated my life this week. In an attempt to catch up, here's my check-in for the last two weeks.

Morning Pages - In week 4, I was 7-for-7, despite a very busy week, travelling and forgetting to take my journal along. I could hardly stop writing--my pages often were twice as long as required and usually ended with drawings of a design idea. Last week, I only managed morning pages 4 of 7 days. I've been waking with such intense pain that it's been taking me an hour to get out of bed ... and not time to write.

Artist Date - In week 4, although I spent lots of time creating with my friend, I didn't find time for an artist date for myself. Yesterday, after reading about Ryan's artist date, I decided to make a trip to the local garden club's greens sale and make a wreath.

Synchronicity - In week 4 I continued to notice all kinds of synchronicity among the messages of this group. We may have different expectations of TAW, but the similarities we share always make me smile. I also had to smile when, after I ordered flowers to be delivered to my Thanksgiving hosts the day before I arrived, I came home to email from my friend describing a trip to look for a centerpiece for her table and her lack of success. (If only FedEX hadn't screwed up the delivery, it would have been just perfect).

The rest - As I mentioned on the Quilting Forum, I actually enjoyed the week of reading deprivation during week 4, but I noticed that as soon as it was over, I couldn't get enough of the written word. Last week, I found myself buying magazines every time I passed a rack and ordering a bunch of books that have been sitting on my wishlist at Amazon for a long time.

7 comments:

Pat/SWquilter said...

It's good to see you back with the group -- I hope you're feeling better soon though. Sounds like a lot of pain to deal with - anything that can be done for it? I too have to smile when I see similar answers/thoughts cropping up in our blogs -- in many ways we're all so different, but still those similarities do exist to connect us.

Jules said...

Sophie, glad to see you posting again. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Debra said...

Glad to see you're feeling better. I'm ont in the AW group, but the purpose of having a blog that is simply links is to have all the links together.

So you can go back to say week three, and click on everyone's link there, and it will take directly to thier blogpost for that week. You don't have to wade through everything they've written between then and now.

And you can go back to your own posts for all the weeks by simply clicking on the links and not have to scroll through the archives.

There is no other way to "pin time" together.

sophie said...

Ok, I get the why now ... but my attempt to link to the ring-group failed anyway :-(

Debra Dixon said...

I was going to say just about the same as Debra. It's just a clearinghouse for all the check-ins and a spot for announcements. Not everyone is subscribing to a blog reading service.

I did check your link and it looks fine. Maybe it will show later. Some of the links from last week never showed and they were done correctly. Mine showed this week before I could even get to the blog to check so go figure.

I'm glad you are back too--you add some real dimension to this group.

Hilda said...

Sophie, I hope you are feeling better. Pain sucks, and I'm afraid the older I get the less pain free days I experience. Good to see you back here.

Jane Ann said...

Welcome back. We've missed you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...