Saturday, March 17, 2007

Blue Stars for the Blue Ridge Quiltfest

I have no one to blame but myself for this one ... I suggested a block lotto for Quilting Forum members at the Blue Ridge Quiltfest. We are making blue & white star blocks. Here are mine:

Blue & White Star Lotto Block Snowflake Block Blue & White Star Lotto Block

Maybe it's the locale, but I seem a little stuck in blue land . . . The florals I am taking for Janet's Carolina Byways quilt workshop are predominately blue and I found this Blue Ridge Mountain photo to use as inspiration for the landscape workshop on Saturday:



I think a blue-gray gradation I dyed last summer is going to be perfect for this project.

3 comments:

Rian said...

Lovely stars, can't wait to see ALL of them amassed together. Also, the blue photo will make a lovely, serene pictoral quilt.

Granny Fran said...

Can't beat blue for quilts. Your Blue Ridge photo is wonderful. Now will wait breathlessly to see how you interpret it in fabric.

Meeri said...

It's been a loooong time since I last visited about.com, and I remembered your BOM's. It's great that you keep up the work still. I just added your blog to my favourites, so you'll be hearing from me again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...