Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I am a Friend of Kate

I was excited to test Christine's pattern, Kate & Friends. As a little girl, I loved paper dolls and this pattern is just as much fun. Earlier this summer, I'd been reading along on her blog, Winnowings, as Christine developed the pattern and posted women, men and kids as she created them.

It took me too long to get into my sewing room–and even longer to blog about it–but here's my block.

Kate's Friend Sophie
The temptation to make a quilted paper doll version of myself was irresistable. I was surprised to find a batik that was pretty close to my graying blonde hair. I challenged myself to create a block wearing just what I was wearing, modifying the pattern a little to add short sleeves and adjust the length of my pink sweater.

Thanks, Christine, for creating such a fun toy for women who used to be little girls who loved paper dolls.

3 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Wow, she has a humanistic appearance! Congrats...

Is this a sign of your ability to sleep? Sleep = creativity

Suzanne Earley said...

that is adorable!

Mama Spark said...

How fun! I will have to go and check it out! Glad to see you back in blogland!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...