Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Good News, Good News and ... not so good news

Handpiecing at LunchYou can probably look at the photo and guess what the good news is . . . yesterday, I started work.  It's a contract, but it is real, meaningful work and I'm thrilled to be there.  Here's my desk at lunch today–I brought in this little bit of appliqué in an effort to distract my brain during lunch. With so much new information flooding in as I work to learn as much as I can as fast as I can, it's been really hard to force myself to take a break or . . . go to sleep at night.

If I can get organized enough in my sleep-deprived state to keep bringing hand-work along and force myself to take a mid-day break, I will also make some quilting progress, which is definitely more good news.

Autumn in AustinLayer this week, when cooler temperatures are forecast, I may even venture outside . . . for lunch and stitching (it will be so much harder to be pulled back in to working when the computer beeps to tell me I have a new meeting or the idea to look up something pops into my head and jump back into my working mind completely on my own.

On the not so good news front, my poor old Explorer is still in the shop.

As a friend pointed out, the longer they keep it, the more likely I am to have my first paycheck in hand . . .

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay work! I'm so glad for you! And I hope the Explorer will turn out to not be too sick.

Pat/SWquilter said...

Congratulations! I hope the consulting job spins off into a long term job somehow! I'll hold a good thought for you!

Pat

Barbara C said...

Great news about the Job! Wouldn't it be nice if vehicles were more considerate about when they decide to break down?

Clare said...

Yay! A Contract! Congrats.

Don't forget to add your hand quilting project to the database!

Kate North said...

oh hurrah, Sophie, so glad to hear you have some work!

(ok, had to share - my verification word is "unsit" - that amused me)

Cyndee said...

Yipee!! I am so happy for you. I hope the job is everything you want and need and that you still have time to quilt. It's getting to be rather cold here in Michigan but summer stuck around for a long time so can't complain. Best wishes on the vehicle. If it has been trustworthy, then it is worth the repair costs.

Debra Dixon said...

Good news on your job!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...