Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

I don't usually like shopping and generally avoid malls and large retailers at all costs, but there's something about being out and about around the holidays, with all the decorations, music and good will that makes me smile.  

Today, when I returned to my car  in a parking lot, I found it next to a car that seemed to be completely filled with the live pine tree stuffed inside. The smell of pine inside that car must have been intoxicating. The image reminded me of this one–of a larger tree in a smaller car (from Curiosities by Dickens).


The snow has all but melted here, but more is forecast for tonight and I'm hoping for a White Christmas.  As the song says, May your days be merry and bright and may all your Christmases be white. 

3 comments:

Rian said...

Happy Christmas to you too, Sophie.

(I don't dig the retail scene much either. Especially the parking lot part.)

black bear cabin said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Sophie! love that image...thanks for sharing :)

Moira said...

Merry Christmas Sophie! I hope everything is going well for you these days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...