Saturday, July 19, 2014

Suspending Disbelief

6 Red Spokes BlocksI had ambitious plans for my FNSI last night, but ... a too hot studio and a head still spinning from my work day resulted in limited results.

I did make the six 7-inch spokes blocks that I need for this month in my rainbow scraps challenge version of the Mod-Mod Quilt-Along.

As I made them, I realized I was a little fearful that the red blocks would be over-powering when combined with the rest. Once I suspended disbelief and moved forward, I was pleasantly surprised.

My ideas of what this version of the quilt–with mono-chromatic blocks in colors not of my choosing–continues to change each month, but ... so far, I'm not hating it.

Today I pulled out all the blocks and put them into their relative places on the design wall.

Mod-Mod Quilt in Progress

7 comments:

Gina said...

Love how that modern sampler quilt looks so far xxx

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Very Pretty!! The red blocks look really nice along with all the other blocks on your design wall.

-Soma

Sandra said...

I love what you have achieved, well done

Jo said...

I think the red blocks are looking hood in there

Jo said...

Oops... **** good****

scraphappy said...

I'm not hating it too. In fact, it is coming together quite nicely I think.

Terri said...

I had my doubts, Sophie, but that "sampler" is starting to be gorgeous!
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...