Monday, October 19, 2015

Row Quit Progress

On the Design WallThe row quilt progresses

Here it is with it's third row complete–Twinkle blocks, which are this month's block pattern on Blocklotto.com

I thought I should come clean and show you how they live on my small design wall  ... not as rows, but as vertical strips.   The design wall is narrower than the rows, but even vertically, it still works to give me an idea to see how I like the blocks and colors adjacent to one another.

In addition to making the 7 Twinkle blocks this week, I also played with all these tiny leftover triangles.


Tiny Bonus Triangles

Believe it or not, when they are this small, I usually toss them, but I think those shiny irridescent shot cottons sucked me in and I couldn't resist playing and seeing what they might become. 

I posted more details on my process (both for the row and the leftovers) on the Block Lotto today:

 Week 3 - Twinkle.

Twinkle BlockYou can find more information about the 9-inch Twinkle block, with links to the block pattern and paper foundation piecing version here:

Twinkle, Twinkle, Monochromatic Stars in October.

9 comments:

Nann said...

Oh, I like your Twinkle version! I need to make at least a couple for the Lotto this month.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I love shot cottons! I have some I am never going to cut into, I will only look at them for the rest of time.

Marie Joerger said...

Your rows are beautiful! I love how to work together Sophie :)

Kat said...

I love the colors against the low volume background! Going to be an awesome quilt:)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Wonderful color against the background...I love it

Laurina said...

I just love the fabrics that you are using and it's coming along beautifully.

joe tulips said...

I adore the colors and the way this is shaping up!

Anonymous said...

The row quilt is looking spectacular! I liked what you did with the little triangles - all of them. I don't think the zigzag is really overwhelmed by the tamale sack fabric - at least not in the photo. I usually sew those at the same time I sew the corner seam, but that would limit one's options to having only hst to play with.

Jennifer said...

Great rows! Love the colors that you've used.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...