Monday, January 07, 2008

Drink Your Vegetables

Green Lemonade

Lately, this has replaced my morning latté–it's tastes like ginger lemonade, but is full of the goodness of all that green stuff. It's Green Lemonade from The Raw Food Detox Diet, by Natalie Rose. The bright green color is a little shocking, but the taste is seriously yum. Who needs coffee?

The recipe is easy. Juice a head of Romaine, a bunch of kale, a couple inches of ginger, half a lemon and an apple.

If, like me, you don't eat as many leafy greens as you know you should . . . consider drinking your vegetables.

3 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

the thought is turning my stomach! (Back to my Diet caffeine free Dr. Pepper, thankyouverymuch!)

sophie said...

It sounds like it should taste pretty horrible and that's why it took me a while to try it, but the way it tastes is such a tasty surprise. Honest ;-)

TX Blu Sky said...

Ohhhhh Sophie, I dunno.......good for you, I guess?

Marco says it looks like noxious poison for the base ingredients in a bomb!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...