Friday, June 04, 2010

It MAY have been the worst month ever . . .

Life's been kicking my butt and I've had to consider whether my calculated move to Dallas wasn't, perhaps, a big MIScalculation.

I'll just say that finding personal health insurance was about 1000 times harder (and more time-consuming) than I thought it would be; the job search continues to be incredibly frustrating; and when someone starts holding up 50-something women and shoots one of them in the head within a block from your home it can make you feel pretty unsafe.

I just couldn't put a positive spin on any of this or the rest of the month of May. 

June WILL be better . . . even if Dallas is already enjoying triple digit temperatures. 

4 comments:

zizzybob said...

The heat situation and job situation isn't any better here in South Florida.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Oh Sophie! I am so sorry. Gosh, life gives us challenges in spite of our trying to do our very best!

A warning on the health insurance front. We have picked our own for 20 years of self-employment and switched many times as our income and the economy changed, as well. Our best choice, after much deliberation, ended up with a $5,000 deductible EACH. When I finally needed to file a claim (on my very badly broken AND dislocated wrist from slipping on black ice in Douglas, Alaska this January) Assurant Health refused my claim and my deductible. Why? Because I had my surgery in Juneau Alaska,and I didn't use a 'preferred provider'. The one and only one in all of Juneau was an optometrist.So, of course, I didn't use him! They applied a $15,000 deductible on me and only paid 20% of all remaining costs. Read every single bit of the fine print and imagine the worst.

The hoodlums and guns you can find anywhere. Even in my tiny hometown on an island in Alaska, we still have crime. Here in Salem, OR living way down a dirt road in the country, we have had our cars broken into and robbed 4 times.

We make the best of terrible situations, we act as smartly and thoughtfully in all of them as we possibly can,and we pray for change in the hearts of others....because that's where it all begins.

Sending lots of good thoughts your way (((Sophie!)))

Rian said...

Sorry to hear of your situation. Life has handed you more than your fair share of troubles. I hope June (and July and August) are better and you can go with the flow. The easy flow, the downstream one. Hang in there, my friend. Sending good thoughts your way.

Christine Thresh said...

Sophie,
I am so sorry that your life is awful right now. At least May is over -- let's hope June is a good month for you.
I am sending a hug.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...