I hear yesterday that my last quilt project of 2010 has safely arrived at it's destination, so it can go public.
It's constructed of 3 inch house blocks - a smaller version of 6 inch paper foundation pattern I designed for the Block Lotto in 2008 (also the year I nearly finished this little quilt for Kate ... before I packed it up to move with me and lost it). I found it last month when I turned my apartment upside down looking for my walking foot ... which I was afraid I had lost in my most recent move.
To make each of the house blocks, I only needed a charm square of fabric, these are from a set of Moda's most popular "marbles." The background really is a dark navy batik--maybe a bit darker than the photo).
I had a lot of fun making the quilt ... and was a little brokenhearted when I thought it had been lost in the move from Michigan to Texas. The quilting is far from perfect (and in this photo, I can see a quilting thread that wasn't yet snipped--I sure hope I caught that before it went into the mail.) I remember tormenting myself over the choice of binding fabric. Along with my fear of the free motion quilting in the borders, that was probably what kept me from getting to done BEFORE the big move. It all seems pretty silly in retrospect.
I do hope you enjoy your Lost and Found quilt, Kate.
If you like this block, check out the wonderful quilt Julie made from the blocks she won in the lotto here.