Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ta Da!

I was motivated ... well into the night.  The extra Wonky Rose blocks were made and borders were added. Here's my Lovely Finish for February.

   A Whole Lotta Love

This quilt embodies many of the things I love about group quilts.  I am looking forward to quilting it, but until my sewing machine problems are resolved, I'll settle for the knowledge that my perennial work-in-progress is no more.  I finished a few other projects this month, but this 11th hour finish feels the most satisfying.

Since everyone seems to be talking about the rose blocks, I plan to put together my notes, which were previously published here and on the Block Lotto and create a print-friendly document for anyone who's interested.  Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to email you when it's ready.  These blocks really a great way to play with scraps.

Leftover blocks for Back Art
If you made some of the word blocks for the Block Lotto that I won three years ago and don't see them ... they could be part of my plan for some back art for this quilt.

Updating to join the linky parties, Weekend Update on the Block Lotto, Fresh Sewing Day on LilyQuilts and Can I get a Whoop Whoop on Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

21 comments:

Melinda said...

Great quilt. The colors are wonderful and of course the words are beyond wonderful. The roses make a great border.

Tammy said...

I love it...And I'm intrested in the roses too. It looks so marvelous.

Kathryn said...

What fun!! It's a great combination of two fun blocks.

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

Super fun! It's grand!

Thanks for linking up

Quilty Conscience said...

Love the quilt! And the roses are the perfect touch. Just recently I've become interested in the roses. I saw a bunch of yours on Flicker. I would love to have the info once you get it together. Thank you! Toni

Brenda said...

Two of my favourite things -- wonky roses and letters. It came together beautifully. this is a winner of a quilt. Have you seen my tutorial on joining wonky rose blocks with curved piecing? http://scrapsandstrings.blogspot.com

Caroline said...

I love it! I see two of the words that I made for the lotto. I made roses too, but don't remember what they looked like.

Jeanne in Ohio said...

What a great quilt! Love the border. I'd like to try those roses.

Gail in Vegas said...

Are you a fan of Janet Evanovich? Most of Ranger's conversations with Stephanie consist of one word - Babe. When I saw that leftover word, all that came to mind was putting it in the middle on the back of the quilt with no other words or flowers. Of course, if you don't read the series, it probably makes no sense to you ;0
I love the Stephanie Plum series!

Béa said...

Wonderful, I love it ! XXX

Wilma Lee said...

Cool!!! And very unique!

Linda Big D said...

I love it! I'm reminded of the Alice in Wonderland song: She's painting the roses red! But your nothing like the Red Queen. This is so much fun and an inspiration for me and my blocks. I plan to add lots of different heart blocks to mine.

Elaine M said...

Wonderful quilt, love the roses. I would like to try them.

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

My firstngonround and participation on FSD Linky. Love the quilt!

Joanne said...

That quilt looks fantastic!!! And I love those scrappy roses for the border!! Just perfect!

Terri said...

I love your quilt. The roses are wonderful... I think I know how they are made, but I always think dumb stuff like that. I would love the directions. Thanks for the offer. Also the words are great. An all word quilt is on my bucket list...(gotta be the longest list anywhere.) Thanks for sharing your quilt.
Hugs

Linda in Calif. said...

Wow Sophie. I'm so impressed. I just can't believe you finished that up and with no sewing machine. It's wonderful!

Jennie said...

Fabulous!

dianne said...

oh yes - i do love the roses and want to grow some of my own!

joe tulips said...

I love love love the way this turned out. Fantastic quilt!

Sarah Craig said...

Wow, Sophie - what a spectacular quilt!!! Whoop whoop!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...