Friday, February 21, 2014

The Last of February's Scrappy Pink Projects

These are  bits of string fabric that were left after I made the pink string-pieced heart pins I shared a week ago.


Most of the rectangles were in the neighborhood of 2 by 2 1/2-inches.

Maybe if I had tossed them right away, they wouldn't have kept calling my name until I DID something with them.

I used them as centers for these scrappy pink liberated star blocks.


I have some ideas but no real plans for these–suggestions welcome.  For the moment, they are just decorating my design wall while the remaining string-pieced scraps continue to call to me and say, "let's play" ... and I cannot believe I seem to have started yet another new project.

I'm joining Angela's list for the Last Pink Saturday and, a little burnt out on pink, waiting to read what color scraps I'll but pulling out and playing with in March.

13 comments:

Brenda said...

these are very cute! My suggestion is to post a picture and explanation at the group string blog I administer. head over there to take a look and email me and I can set you up as an author. http://stringthingalong.blogspot.ca

Marly said...

I love wonky stars, so these are right in my street. I made two this month, but I hope to make enough for a whole quilt. I just calculated that's 220 blocks! I'm looking forward to seeing what ingenious ideas you have for making something of them.

Terri said...

Really? You're a quilter and you started another project... I never heard of such a thing. Lol
Love your stars. Save them in a stack and make some more as the RSC gets to the other colors. Sometime next year you will have a lovely quilt to finish.
Hugs

Nell's Quilts said...

Look at that free fabric you found for the centres. Very nice!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Now that creative using those strings as centers to your wonky stars. Wonderful!

scraphappy said...

Don't think of it as a new project. Just call it a collection of starter blocks for a rainy day. It is always nice to have some pieces in waiting when a quick project is called for. In any case. The scraps are less than they were.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I love your heart pins too!! Stars are very fun!

Katie Z. said...

Ooh! What a lovely use of leftovers.

Carrie P. said...

cute use of your scraps.

Lisa said...

Make more - go one, you know you want to (LOL). These blocks are great.

LA Paylor said...

what a great use of string blocks, using them with uneven star points. Leave it to you!
LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Cathy said...

Cute stars and great way to keep using up the scraps from scraps. I'm sure you will think of something creative and fun to do with them.

Wendy said...

love those scrappy stars!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...