In April, I worked on a few on-going projects ... and started three new ones.
This 14 inch pillow, the front of which is made entirely from fabric made from small scraps, was begun in April for the Spring Challenge on the 15 minutes blog. It was also my goal for a Lovely Finish in April.
A week ago, I started making feather blocks for Anne Marie Horner's Feather Bed Quilt pattern. I managed to make the 52 feathers I need at the NNMQG retreat, but am still squaring up and thinking about how they will be arranged in my quilt.
A couple days ago, I decided I had to make some Violet blocks from purple scraps for the rainbow Scraps Challenge before the end of April–the purple scraps month. They will become a sewing machine cover for my Purple Bernina 153 QE ... which somewhere along the way became named, Purple Nina.
I hand embroidered her name on what will become the front of the cover last night while I watched some TV ... It was no small feat because I also had both cats vying for position on my quilt-covered out-stretched legs. They usually take turns lap-sitting, but there was a chill in the air last night and I think that they decided to they would both fit so they co-existed for a while.
The iPad photo isn't great, but I had to try to capture the moment with the tool I had at hand.
This is my update for the April NewFO challenge and Linky Party.