I didn't meet my goal in April (though I made a start at it and expect to finish it soon). I was, in part, overwhelmed by commitments and ... life.
My goal for a lovely finish in May is a bit of a challenge within a challenge. It will start with this large, in-progress Hawaiian-style appliqué block.
This project came from the estate of a quilter, donated to the local guild and sold, along with some other work-in-progress and lots of fabrics as a fundraiser for the guild at the retreat.
The appliqué was prepared by sewing it to fusible interfacing and turning it to turn under the edges. It hasn't been stitched down, the interfacing shows in spots. I suspect the craftsmanship and the choice of fabrics–that really is an in-your-face bright pink background–were the reasons it languished on the table unwanted while quilters scrambled to pick up more conventional (and more complete) projects. I adopted it at the end of the third day and thought it could become the focus of a Plan B quilt that might be donated to Happy Chemo through the Hands2Help challenge which also has a deadline this month.
Updated to add that it's approximately 25 inches square.
Last night, I pulled out my collection of orphan blocks and chose some that I thought might play together nicely.
Now comes the fun of making some more elements, deciding what's in and what's out, arranging, re-arranging and putting it all together. I think it has possibilities ...