Friday, May 08, 2015

So ...

DSCN8560I haven't made much progress finishing the orphan block quilt.  I have pieced a back and made some scrappy pink binding. The scrappy pink binding is for the orphan block quilt and the red paisley is for the liberated wedding ring with the red background.

Even though I have made next-to-no progress on much of anything this week,  because I had so much fun playing with those orphan blocks, that I found some more blocks (with black backgrounds) and some time to put them on the wall to see if there were enough for another H2H quilt.

More Orphans

I only made a few of these.  Most are from an orphan block swap from a few years ago.   I think it's time to use them up.

I am joining the lists for QuiltShop Gal's Creative Goodness and Angie's WIPs Be Gone.

9 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Those are going to make a stunning H2H quilt, Sophie. Love them. Thanks for linking to WIPs Be Gone.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

It is amazing how the unifying black background makes everything come together!

Sue SA said...

your on a roll, this will look great.

Laurina said...

I love how all of those black background blocks just go together. I bet you didn't realise there was a whole quilt lingering unseen just waiting for you to gather them up and let them play.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, I know you can do something wonderful with those!

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Love how the black background just pulls everything together so well! That will be another gorgeous quilt!

Unknown said...

What fun to use all these blocks! It will be a great quilt. Love to see it finished!!!

Terri said...

Beautiful blocks. They would make another beautiful H2H. Hmmmm made with orphan blocks... I just gave away the two quilts worth of blocks that I made for my granddaughter's wedding quilt - gave them to her to quilt. Shoulda kept them.
Hugs

Unknown said...

I like where this is going. Hope to see it together in a future post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...