Sunday, January 17, 2016

Another Slow (Knit) Stitch Sunday

It's counter-intuitive, but the easier a knit pattern is, the more slowly I work myself through it ...

Sweater ProgressThe sleeves for the sweater I am knitting are seed stitch, which provides an interesting texture, but feels a little like Knit 2, Purl 2, Repeat forever and ever ... ad nauseum

The pattern is Helga, which is available for free on kitty.com –I have modified the pattern to make it a few inches longer and to knit the body and sleeves in the round to eliminate some seams ... the only thing I avoid more than boring knit patterns is sewing together knit garments ...

I have been itching to start hand-piecing a quilt block I designed, but I know I need to push myself to finish this ... so I will be knitting along with the ladies of Downton Abby tonight.

I hope to finish this and get to some quilt-related slow Sunday stitching soon.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

this is a gorgeous sweater--looks like you are "almost" there...I find the sleeves at the end the hardest to get through...hang in there...love the color what yarn did you use?? (If you don't mind my asking?) hugs, Julierose

sophie said...

The yarn is wool reclaimed from a too-big commercial sweater ... I will probably have lots left when I am done.

Anonymous said...

Finishing is the hardest part of any project, isn't it? The design looks great, and it's so cool that you reclaimed it from something else!

Ellen said...

Very nice sweater!

LynneP said...

This is a lovely sweater!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

The sweater is beautiful. I knitted one much like it once for my BIL, even about the same color.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...