Monday, December 18, 2006

Why There's No Tree at My House


This isn't one of my cats, it's from the collection of holiday pet photos on weather.com, but it perfectly illustrates the reason I've resisted putting up a tree. Consider that I have two energetic young cats and lots of special glass ornaments and you'll know why I decided not to risk it this year.

There's also the issue of the physicality of pulling out all the stuff and putting up a tree. This weekend I skipped my meds to see how I'd feel without them and the answer is ... like I've been hit by a truck. How come the older we get, the slower we seem to heal? I'm so impatient with this 50-year old body of mine.

4 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Oh, boo! What a time to feel bad!
Sending some gentle hugs.

Susan said...

That's still a cute photo, and I totally understand not having a tree when one has cats!

I totally understand your frustration with growing older. I hate it that nothing works as well any more, and hurts when it does work. =)

Jo Raines said...

Cats seem to love Christmas trees as much as they love quilts! My three are all outside kitties since my oldest DD is allergic. My male, Bo, would make a great indoor cat but, alas . . .

dee said...

Hi Sophie-Thanks for stopping by. I have been reading about your accident and I hope you feel better every day. I'm convinced that age has something to do with it. I don't quite bounce back from things now either-it's more like a slow slog now. Hope you have a peaceful Christmas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...