Monday, April 05, 2010

Quilt-Along Progress Report

When I finished knitting the Brandywine shawl on March 3, I didn't start a new handwork project right away because I expected Bonnie's March block for the quilt-along to arrive any day.  I'd already seen photos of blocks made by Bonnie and others on their blogs and I was already looking forward to piecing the March block.

Except it didn't come and by the end of March, my enthusiasm for the project was considerably dampened.   I was a little irritated with myself for creating yet more orphan blocks, even though it was through no fault of my own . . . this time. 

On March 31, I received an envelope from Bonnie with the patterns from March-through-May.  And over the weekend, I pieced 3 each of the March and April blocks.  I pulled out the January and February blocks and put the first four months of the year up on the design wall.

January through April

Four months down, eight more to go.

Obviously, I still haven't yet squared up and trimmed the blocks . . .  maybe I'll do that before I pack them away again. 

There are individual photos of the blocks on Flickr in my Quilt-along 2010 photo set, if you want to take a closer look.

And for links to the design walls of other quilters around blogland, check out Judy Laquidera's Design Wall Monday blog post.

14 comments:

swooze said...

I really like this.

Teaquilts said...

Great blocks and I love the colors.

Diane said...

You've got a terrific group of blocks and colors there, that's going to be a fab quilt! thanks for sharing!

Cathy said...

I love New York Beauty blocks, and all the variations that are possible with them. That is going to be a spectacular quilt. Well worth the wait.

Quilter Kathy said...

Fabulous blocks! Love the colours!

Pat from Florida said...

Wild, crazy blocks! Looks fun!

lj_cox said...

I love those colors! They are beautiful together.

Debra Dixon said...

Such a great start on this quilt! Keep going!!

dee said...

I'm enjoying looking at your beautiful blocks and I love the wonky ones too. I made some stars last year in the wonky style but I donated them to a charity quilt in Australia. I really need to get going on some more.
Thanks for stopping by to visit me Sophie. I appreciate your help on the picture placement on the blog. I'll try it your way which certainly sounds better.

I have read the Julia Child bio and another one as well. Fascinating stuff. If you haven't read Jacques Pepin's Autobio, get it. I think you'll love it.

Barbara C said...

Great blocks in wonderful vibrant colors. They'll make a very special quilt.

Deb Geyer said...

Fun!!

BTW, Sophie are you on Facebook?

jenclair said...

Oh, these blocks are so bright and cheerful! They make me smile!

Sheri said...

Oh my gosh Sophie! Those blocks are so.... beautiful.

Jenny Garland said...

WOW! These are so much fun and simply stunning :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...