Saturday, July 03, 2010

While the cats are away . . .

Grace on the computer chairMy cats are away. A friend in Austin offered to take care of them until I am settled there–I'm thinking of it as kitty summer camp. I appreciated the offer and I know the packing will go MUCH faster without one cat or the other or both of them jumping into every box as I try to pack it, but, while my cats are away . . .  I am missing them bunches. 

Here, Grace Hopper is checking out the computer chair in their temporary digs.  I don't know why a cat would choose to curl up on a rolling, rotating chair, but it has always been one of Gracie's favorite places to cat nap.

Johnny prefers an open view of the room and more space to stretch out and likes to park himself in the space just inside the door ... where he can keep an eye on all the comings and going in this busy household.

Johnny surveying the room

Reports are that they have both made the transition from living with (relatively) quiet me to a louder house full of boys and are endearing themselves to their hosts and hostess  . . .  my friend hints that I may have problems getting them out of the house when the time comes in a couple weeks.

6 comments:

Hilda said...

Wow, I don't stop by for a couple of days, and there are changes, changes! Good luck with your move to Austin. I hope it works out for you, and that you are able to get settled. When we went there last fall, I looked and there are something like 14 Goodwill stores! We didn't go to them all! ;-)

Rian said...

Oh, you're moving to Austin? I love Austin--wonderful city, almost moved there myself. I would have, if it were just myself. Himself does not want to leave California.

Debra Dixon said...

Let's hope you adjust to Austin as quickly as your cats adjusted to the "new to them" house.

Barbara C said...

Good luck with your move Sophie. I hope you have better luck in Austin.

Coreen said...

Hey! I hope all is going well. You look great and so do the cats! Take care on your move.
Coreen

Sharon said...

Can't imagine being away from my cats for any length of time.

I also have a cat who loves the rolling chair. I think he likes it partly because he's above the ground and can look down, which cats like (they are always looking to "attack" some small bird or bug--LOL).

But my Mickey also likes it because I spin him around in the chair! I first spin him in one direction and he grips the chair and hangs on. Then I stop it and spin it the other direction. He loves it. He's just silly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...