Friday, April 01, 2016

The Many Blocks of March

This is my continuing monthly count of blocks made for for Prairie Moon Quilts' 350 Block Challenge.  Here's the list of the 130 blocks made in March. Added to the 49 blocks made in January and February, the new running total for 2016 is 179.


I made six Violet blocks for the Block Lotto.
You can find the free pattern here.
Violet Block Pattern Cover Image
Four more for my rainbow samplerFour Violet Blocks for Sampler
And eleven more for my Old MacDonalds Mystery Sampler (AKA OMMS)violet and snails trails blocks
I couldn't resist playing with all the bonus half-square triangle units that resulted from the violets, so I made 18 tiny pinwheels ...Tiny Pinwheels
Then used 17 of the pinwheels as one of the "fabrics" to make these eight improv pieced floating squares blocks–chunks really–which became Floating Pinwheels.Chunks on the design wall
I used the rest of the tiny bonus triangle squares in these nine Clover Blossom blocks9  Clover Blossom Blocks
I added these four scrappy blocks (and a whole bunch more HST units, made for the border) to complete the little quilt top4AlternateBlocks
I made this block for the "Everything Old is New Again" challengeCurvy Rails - On Point
Then played with the design a little and hand-pieced these four Wavy Gravy blocks4 Wavy Gravy Blocks
I pieced a bunch of letter blocks, including these nine (for a secret project)Alphabet Soup
And this complete subliminal alphabet (25 blocks), sewed it together and added borders–it's also ready to quilt.SubliminalAlphabet
While adding borders to some almost ready-to-quilt projects, a very old UFO caught my eye and I added 29 new Summer Vine blocks to the pile of 35 blocks made in 2002, for a total so far of 64 blocks.64 Scrappy blocks
And although I am a little behind on keeping ahead of the Block Lotto, I made two of these foundation pieced Butterfly blocks.

The block pattern for this paper pieced block (with tips for creating paper-pieced blocks with on-grain edges (to avoid those stretchy biases) is here:

Butterfly
Butterfly Block Pattern Cover



6 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Seriously? I am definitely impressed!

Mystic Quilter said...

I can't believe how many blocks you're making each month!!! Amazing.

Needled Mom said...

Wow....those all look awesome, Sophie.

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome total for one month! You made some beautiful blocks, too.

Kate North said...

Wow. I know I get quite a decent amount of work done in some months, but it's nothing compared to you :)

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...