Saturday, November 12, 2005

Artist Way: Week 2 Check-in

I had a lot of resistance toward morning pages this week, but I did them anyway, 7 days our of 7.

Have you ever noticed that when someone offers you unsolicited advice, they are often actually talking to/about themselves? I followed some of the unsolicited advice I offered this week and took my Artist on a Date to the neighborhood thrift shop with a five dollar budget and a mission to find something interesting. I bought a pair of black velvet Calvin Klein jeans and, inspired by the incredible bags made for the bags of fun challenge on inaminuteago, came home with a plan to turn them into a bag of my own. Stay tuned.

Thinking about crazymakers helped me understand what's (who's) behind some of my frustrations at work ... and with a certain toxic classmate in my clay class :-)

4 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

I have all the stuff for the bag challenge but didn't get it together in time. If you wait until the first of the year, I'll play too.

sophie said...

I'd like to start before January, but something I read today is taking me in a different direction, so it could be January before I get back to it.

Debra Dixon said...

Let me know and I'll do what I can to join in with you.

Hilda said...

Hey Sophie, I so wanted to participate in the bags of fun challenge too. I had been following along some of the participant's blogs. If you do decide to have one, let me know. Now or later, whenever. In high school I carried around a half cut pair of jeans with rope for the handle strung around the waistband. Everyone used to think I carried around an extra pair of jeans, and we weren't even allowed to wear pants to school then...later we were, but they couldn't be jeans!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...