Friday, July 22, 2011

Cinderkitty

This afternoon, I packed up the rest of the kitchen, TV and computer and everything connected to them, and the cats and their stuff.  It was 107 degrees at Fort Mabry when I passed it on my way from old apartment to new.  Upon our arrival, I carried the cats in first and left them in their carriers in the living room while I brought in their stuff and set up litter box, water fountain and food.  When I unzipped their carry bags, Johnny came out and made a pretty systematic tour of the new apartment, working his way counterclockwise from room-to-room.  Grace Hopper made a beeline for the fireplace . . .  which I'm thinking need some real doors to keep her from becoming a sooty cinder-kitty on a regular basis.

Cinderkitty


They both stayed hidden in the bathroom–Johnny in the cabinet under the sink, Grace behind the door under my bathrobe hanging there–while the cable guy was here . . . for more than two hours.  While I obviously have internet, there are serious problems with the (new) cabling in every room and it seems there are a thousand and one cables in the wall.  Cable guy is blaming the apartment construction guys and I know apartment property management will blame the cable guy.  I'll admit that I probably watch too much TV, but I'm not quite ready to go from too much to none at all . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll get a lot of quilting done while you're getting the cable issues resolved, though! (AKA think happy thoughts.)

May this be the worst problem you run into in this move, and may it be fixed quickly!

I like your kitty in the fireplace photo; didn't they both do that at an earlier place?

Debra Dixon said...

I was thinking the same thing-didn't you have a kitty pic by the fireplace?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...