The quilt has been trimmed and the binding sewn on and now I'm enjoying the process of stitching it down by hand ... all 10 yards of it. I decided on a red/green/gold poinsettia print from my stash for the binding because I liked how it looked with both the front and the back of my quilt–although there's no way anyone will see poinsettias in that skinny binding ;-)
I think another night of movies and stitching and my quilt will be done, done, done ... in time for Christmas.
I also decided to use two of the leftover star blocks to make big square pillow shams.
Inspired by the leftover triangle squares, I added a pieced border around the star blocks:
And then a plain border to make them the size I need–24 inches
I am looking forward to quilting these smaller pieces--it will be so much easier and quicker.