Thursday, May 02, 2013

April's (Late but Lovely) Finish and May's Goal

More quilting, scrappy bindingI've added more quilting to the border and added the scrappy green binding.

 It wasn't finished in time to "count" as my Lovely Finish for April ... but it essentially done. After I've stitched down the hanging sleeve and added the label, I'll be back with photos of the finished quilt.

For May, my #aLYoF plan for a Lovely Finish is to complete this picnic quilt–made from the scrappy checkerboard blocks that I made and rejected as a border for the scrappy geese.

Checkerboard with Sawtooth Border

The larger goal for May is to learn to embrace the preparation phase of quilt projects.  I notice that I often resist the care and time required for preparation and projects are stalled as a result.  In May I will consciously try to embrace and enjoy those tasks.

5 comments:

CharlotteT said...

That is very nice! It was a lot of good work and most quilters will agree it is lovely. Hang in there and finish it up.

Kate North said...

I'm impressed with your desire to embrace the prep stage of things - I hate not being able to Just Get Started - guess I'm not much good with the prep phase either...

Anonymous said...

I, too, like to just dive in, but some quilts take more prep than others. It's probably why I don't do more applique quilts.

Stitch and Yarn said...

I love the picnic quilt. I'm not sure I could spend all that time making a quilt and then have people eat food on it!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Really great use of scraps, love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...