Monday, December 16, 2013

A Holiday Finish and ... a start on a new Design Wall

The old "design wall" is off the wallMy design wall is off the wall. After almost two years of using this flannel-backed tablecloth, I'm putting up something a little more substantial as part of my studio clean-up and re-organization.

Since. at the moment, I am without a functional design wall (new or old), I hung my finished Holiday Baskets quilt in front of the black wall to take a quick picture to share.

Finished feels so good.

Holiday Baskets

I mentioned on the Block Lotto blog earlier that I haven't really been able to get into the holiday decorating spirit and how it seems to happen later and later each year. I've only gotten as far as putting a wreath outside on the door. This little quilt might lead the way to some last minute decorating around here :-)

Holiday Baskets on the Table

I did go looking (unsuccessfully) for a rug to replace the southwest striped sisal rug under the table ... I was thinking lime green would be nice and festive.

Here are some detail photos of the quilting; as usual click the images to go over to Flickr for a closer look.

Detail - Corners Detail - Baskets Detail - Center

And be sure to click over to Judy's Design Wall Monday Linky list to check out some more last minute holiday projects (and others, too, of course.)

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, that turned out soooo cute!

If my table ever stayed cleared off long enough I would attempt a similar table topper.

Podunk Pretties said...

Love the table topper, and the quilting is beautiful!

Terri said...

I was surprised that your quilt was so small... You must be the Queen of Tiny Patches. It looks great on your table. Love the current rug, too, but I can see the lime would be very festive.
Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...