Friday, December 20, 2013

'Twas the (Friday) Night (Sew-In) Before Christmas ...

With less than a week to go before Christmas, it is usually right about now that I really enjoy all the hustle bustle (and the quiet moments) of the season. Any gifts that are going to be made are finished and wrapped and, in most cases, mailed.  I might be out and about, but because I want to (and don't desperately need to), I really enjoy it.

And I can choose projects simply for the joy in working on them.  For me, it's a great date for the December Friday Night Sew In.

This morning, I went looking in my WIP boxes for a project from a year ago–some large stars that I intended to make into pillow shams to go with the Christmas quilt on my bed ... and ended up taking photos and beginning an inventory of UFOs.  Lately, I've really been in a (re) organizing mood and moving things around all around the house.   Tonight, I am looking forward to some quiet time with my sewing machine (and maybe a silly Christmas movies or two).

Here are those newly excavated star blocks.



Remember the thrifted Christmas cross stitch I brought home with some frames? I washed it yesterday. When the water turned bright pink, I was pretty sure I had ruined it, but it came out of the experience just fine. I have an idea for displaying it and it could happen tonight, too.

I might learn to love it, but I'm not so much liking this new Flickr interface when I only intend to share one photo.

C'est la vie.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Pretty stars! I love that cross stitch sentiment--how true and perfect for the holidays--what a wonderful find for you! hugs, Julierose

Terri said...

Those will make lovely pillows and a great project for FNSI.
Hugs

Unknown said...

Ilove stars, and these are wonderful. I just love your new backdrop, just looks like the fields around here with our summer skies. Have a wonderful Christmas

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing how productive your night was. I didn't even sign up this month!

scraphappy said...

It does seem to be the time of year for making lists. Best of luck with your newly cataloged UFOs. Lovely star blocks. I hope they make perfect shams.

Nanna said...

nice star blocks, I have a cross stich that I made 39yrs ago, yea that's a long time lol! I'm trying to finish up all my UFO's before the New Year comes in, that's alot of sewing & crafting lol! have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!
Helen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...