Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Do you remember your dreams?

I woke up this morning, an hour before the alarm, feeling really well rested–a good thing because some of my old fatigue issues are back and kicking my butt.

But a funny thing this morning happened as I was becoming fully awake.

I don't know what I dreamed about, but I'm guessing I didn't just dream it, I must have been acting it out, too:  my legs were sore, my back hurt and it felt like I had jammed a couple of my fingers on my left hand.

... and neither cat was sleeping at the foot of the bed or coming to wish me good morning (and bug me until I got up and let them out on the deck) as usual.

I usually don't remember my dreams, but my physical side effects make me wonder ... and reminds me of when I was married and talked in my sleep.  Back then, my husband could at least give me a clue about what I was dreaming/talking about.

Do you remember your dreams?  Talk in your sleep? Wake up with mystery aches and pains?

6 comments:

Julierose said...

I can usually grab the tail end of my dream and then try to reconstruct it, with bits and pieces falling into my mind throughout the day. I do write them down--they're fun to review and they seem to go in cycles. My hubby tells me about conversations we have when I am totally asleep and I do not remember any of them!! YIKES!!
Funny how dreams recur....hugs, Julierose

Paulette said...

I happened to remember this morning's dream because it involved conversation and hanging out with Ryan Gosling/Bradley Cooper! Ryan Gosling kinda morphed into Bradley Cooper somehow. I don't think I talk or thrash around much. Glad you got some good sleep though. It's kind of hit or miss with me these days.

Jo said...

I really don't remember much of any dreams and usually forget them quickly. I do wake myself up lots by sleep talking and occasionally sleep walking though. My husband sends me back to bed...

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Nightmares. At a very young age I trained my body not to fall asleep so I wouldn't have the nightmares. I sleep very little, since the surgery they let me have ambien so I can sleep and heal.

I used to walk in my sleep. Frank still talks when he is not snoring!

Anonymous said...

Since Paul died, I either don't dream, or I don't remember dreaming. I don't wake up with mysterious aches, though, so I think I don't dream. There have been maybe two times in 4+ years where I woke up and knew I'd had a dream. It sounds as if your dreams get pretty active! Talk in my sleep? Don't know. No one to tell me. =)

Kate North said...

I sometimes wake up with the tail end of a dream still in my head... but I don't think I usually act anything out in them - no signs of it. I do have a couple of kids who talk and/or walk in their sleep (though the third one doesn't seem to). This morning I woke up with strange aches and pains, but I know this is due to a workout session at the gym yesterday using the Bulgarian Bag - no suprise there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...