Monday, September 01, 2014

September's Goal and my Design Wall

This top has been finished for a while ... and this month, my goal for a lovely finish in September is to quilt, bind and label it and deliver it to the organizers of the local guild show.

A Whole Lotta Love

It's already off the design wall and waiting for me to piece the backing and get started.  The only thing left on the wall at the moment are a couple of blocks for the Block Lotto: 


Sophie - 2 September Lotto Blocks

This is Marcia Hohn's block pattern for a 7-inch (finished size) paper-pieced and appliquéd block, Sweet Dreams. For the Block Lotto this month, we're making it in a controlled scrappy color-way that includes a red background and a print on white background for two of the points. The circle can be appliquéd (block on the left) or pieced into the block (the one on the right).  For my notes on making these blocks, see my post on the Block Lotto, here:

Sophie's Blocks (and How I Made Them) 

If you are curious about joining us, you'll find the guidelines for the month and a link to the pattern here:

Paper Piecing and Appliqué in September - Sweet Dreams

12 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh Sophie what an amazing quilt!!! It's just beautiful and I love it.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Love that quilt!!!! What a great job and a sweet idea!!!

If there is a prize for most creative and wonderful quilt, you will win for sure!!!!

Brenda said...

Love, love, love, all the birds and all the words and the roses.

Ramona said...

Wow! Your quilt is so much fun! The words are great, but I really like the roses. Wonderful!

Wendy said...

that's a fab quilt top! I really want to make one with writing on it and I have an idea, it just makes me tired thinking about it!

Toni Macomb said...

Fun Quilt! I love everything about it!

Sewing Up A Storm said...

I love your quilt with the words and roses. What is the story behind the making of that one?

Terri said...

Your quilt is amazing. Love the words and roses.
Hugs

Unknown said...

I love the Terms of Endearment quilt!!! Is it an orignial design? Have you published it?

Lisa in Port Hope said...

I think the block lotto blocks are cute indeed and your quilt so fun!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Awesome quilt . . . love the words, the roses, just EVERYTHING!

Cathy said...

Schnuckiputzi???? I'm not sure what I would think if someone called me that! That's a new one on me. What a fun quilt it is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...