Saturday, May 24, 2008

Farmer's Market

Since moving from Saline, one of the things that I really miss us is the Saturday morning Farmer's market that was in in the city parking lot next door. This morning I ventured out to a neighboring town for their market to check it out. The weather was just perfect for it.

Dewitt Farmer's Market

Of course, in Michigan at this time of year, there's not a lot of farmer's produce to be found yet . . . but there were baked goods and other prepared foods, plants, local organizations . . .

Delta Gardens Friends of the Library

The Friends of the Library were selling T-shirts that said Some of My Best Friends are Fictional. I had to have one. . . have to support our libraries, right?

Sweetie Pie PantryThe Sweetie Pie Pantry is in the same block as the Farmer's Market. Had to check it out.

Also in the neighborhood is a great quilt/yarn shop, Lavender & Peonies. I just took a quick peek, but I know I'll be back for florals to finish my Churndash quilt later this summer . . . and if Diane chooses a cowboy theme for her birthday blocks, I saw some great possible fabrics there.

Fabric inside Lavender & Peonies Yarns inside Lavender & Peonies

I probably would have shopped more, but I had to get back to send out the SNEEK PEEK for the block lotto.

So I picked up a Carmel Marvel (grande, decaf, made with soy milk, please) on the way home, enjoyed my blackberry muffin from the Sweetie Pie Pantry on the patio in the sun and then got down to the business of sharing the secret of next month's lotto block. I think it's going to be a good one. I hope everyone else agrees.

Home from the Farmer's Market

I'll plant the geraniums later this weekend . . . and hope the geese find them less tasty than my herbs (which are moving to the front porch).

6 comments:

AmyB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AmyB said...

(Sorry about the deletion -- bad link) Anyway, I *love* that shirt, and the Sweetie Pie reference. My friend Cindy posted about them last week...

Mama Spark said...

Were you in DeWitt? I need to find this quilt shop. I was so disappointed with Country Stitches last time I was there.

sophie said...

Yes, I was in DeWitt. Lavender & Peonies doesn't have nearly the volume of fabrics as Country Stitches, but the owner's taste is IMPECCABLE and the feeling there is welcoming and fun, I know you'll love it . . . if you're a knitter, it's doubly good.

sophie said...

I saw the Sweetie Pie Pantry on Cindy's blog, which I discovered via yours-gotta love how the network and blogs connect us all. If I hadn't walked right past it, I would have sought it out.

Pat/SWquilter said...

Oh man, I want a "some of my best friends are fictional" t-shirt too!! If you think you'll go back to the farmer's market, I would gladly pay you - in advance, not Tuesday like Wimpie! - for a t-shirt and shipping and handling!! Of maybe I can order it directly from the library?!

Pat/SWquilter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...