Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like ...

December in Austin

It's beginning to look a lot like AUTUMN around here . . . and I find myself re-writing lyrics to popular holiday tunes. It all started after I read this blog post by a Texas author whose version of The weather outside is PLEASANT . . . seemed just so perfect.

Today, on the first day of WINTER, the weather experts are predicting a high in the 80's.

I confess that I miss the snow a little--though definitely not shoveling it or driving in it or none of the other ugly, cold, dangerous aspects of a real winter.

3 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

What beautiful trees! With all of the rain we have had the last few days, most of our trees have decided to shed their leaves.
Merry Christmas to you and your family - no matter what the weather is!

sophie said...

It's funny because I have been waiting all through Fall to see whether the leaves on those trees would change color or just fall off.

Debra Dixon said...

I noticed the other day that all the Bradford Pear trees have turned. It's such a late season around here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...