Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I need another Friday Night Sew In ...

... and fortunately for me, I'm not alone.  I'm joining this Friday night's Sew In, in hopes of finishing In the (holiday) Mood, my quilt made from swap blocks. 

The quilting is essentially* done.  I plan to trim it, bind it, cross my fingers and send it through the washer and dryer ... and put it on my bed.

I'd also like to make a couple of pillow shams using the leftover star blocks (still on my design wall.

* I still need to figure out what to quilt inside the plain 6" print square centers of some of the blocks (like the one at the top of this photo). Most have interesting prints, so I'd like to keep the quilting to a minimum, which I fear may be at odds with the wonky, bendy, sometimes pretty dense feathers which cover all the white areas of the quilt. I had a little brainstorm about it yesterday, but if you have a good idea, please suggest away ...


If you have a project in mind to complete before the holiday, why not join me for the Friday Night Sew in? 

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love it! And that pretty calico kitty who knows how to get you to take a break. Good kitty!

Rian said...

Maybe you could sew concentric squares--not particularly exciting, but they would balance the density of the feathers. Or you could do Christmas tree ornaments with stippling around them to make them pop.

It's a beautiful quilt!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...