Thursday, December 01, 2011

I'm going to Occupy my Sewing Room

 Barbara has created an interesting event for quilters in blogland and beyond this month: Occupy Your Sewing Room.

I don't think there's any political comment . . . just a reason to spend some quality time with your quilt projects ;-)

The timing is pretty perfect for me--I have been rolled off my contract gig and I'm back in job-hunting more ... and without a reason to take a break, for me, job-hunting can become a 24/7 obsession. 

I plan to get that Christmas-y quilt top OFF the design wall, quilted and bound and onto my bed.  Since I pulled out the blocks and started working on, that project has been taunting me . . .  it even has it's own theme song now, Will I be done for Christmas (sung to the tune of I'll be Home for Christmas)

Will you be "occupying" your sewing room or just finding a few moments to finish some quilt projects for gifts or . . . too busy with the holiday social whirl to quilt at all this month?

5 comments:

CathyC said...

sounds like a good plan ;-)

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh YES....I'm going to OCCUPY and not come out...EVER!!! Well, at least until I get hungry!

Mama Spark said...

Haha, I love this!!

sophie said...

I never cease to be amazed by the creativity and quilters and bloggers ... and blogging quilters ;-)

Deborah M. said...

I occupied my sewing room for several hours yesterday and was able to leave work early today (comp time) to occupy it a few more hours today. So yeah, I'm staging a sit-in and won't leave until my demands are met.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...