Friday, April 26, 2013

The Borders are ON

I probably should have pressed this before grabbing this snap:

Borders on!

The border fabric I made yesterday has been sliced and added to the scrappy geese quilt (with a small strip left-over for the pieced backing.  April's UFO is now two finished tops–this one and the checkerboard picnic quilt–and I'm almost ready for some more free motion quilting.  Although I have made changes in the design along the way, I've always known how I wanted to quilt these geese.  I can't wait to get the back pieced and the quilt layered and basted so I can begin.  Can I get a whoop, whoop?

9 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

So colorful! Giving me ideas. Thanks for sharing, Sophie.

Paulette said...

Your quilt is awesome, Sophie! The beautiful border really makes it shine. Whoop-whoop, indeed!

Terri said...

You can get a bunch of Whoop-whoops! The border is wonderful, and just what the quilt needed, although I didn't know it last time you showed it.
Hugs

Julierose said...

Great work--love those Geese--they must be whoop-whooing away for you!! Have a great weekend Julierose

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Fantastic colors.....love it.

Anonymous said...

Definitely a whoop-whoop. It looks so different with the borders on!

Bridget said...

I've been figuring how to place some flying geese I made last year which have been wintering in a box in the sewing room. This is a great idea and a strong possibility for sometime soon (I hope).

So it's right up my alley!

Tessa @ TheSewingChick said...

A most deserved whoop whoop!! A fabulous quilt and the borders are amazing. I had to click on your thumbnail - my daughter's name is Sophie :-)

felicity said...

What a wonderful quilt! So colourful! Thanks for linking up to Friday Felicities!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...