Monday, December 23, 2013

It Didn't Happen Friday Night ...

I abandoned my plans for the Friday Night Sew-In and went to bed early ... and I didn't find any time on Saturday to spend quilting either, but yesterday, I finally did begin to make some progress on my intended plan to quilt the Christmas stars I plan to use in pillow shams.



The good news is that this is the second one.  They MIGHT make it on the bed in time or Christmas.

The star blocks were made from the leftovers from a quilt I made from some swap-gone-wrong blocks a few years ago–I ended up disassembling and remaking the mishmash of blocks into Pinwheel stars.  These stars are quilted with loopy stars like those in that quilt–you can see some of the quilting from it ... and the fact that I pieced these big stars two years ago (!) here.

I do love quilting in the making-it-up as I go style.  Sometimes it happens on the design wall.  For these pillows, I decided while putting the loopy feathers in the stars that I'd echo quilt around the outside.  With these 24-inch squares, it was easy to use the walking foot to do that.

Except for some January blocks for the Block Lotto (which I can't share yet), my design walls are bare.  But designing is going on as it sometimes does for me, under the needle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love those feathers, and the echoing. Sometimes our plans have to change because our bodies demand it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...