Sunday, October 28, 2007

Plaid Happy

Several years ago, I participated in a swap of plaid swappers stars and decided to make some machine appliqué alternate blocks . . . and stalled after making the first half-dozen . . . Last summer, when Micki announced her scrappy mountains majesties swap. I thought it was perfect, since I'd thought my plaid happy quilt needed a scrappy plaid border of Delectable Mountains blocks. Today, I pulled out some of the blocks and put them up on the design wall to see how it might look.

The original plan

I think all that plaid would probably benefit from some cream and tan sashing, but I think I like it.

For Micki's swap, each swap chose the color combination they wanted to receive . . . and allowed me to choose plaid as a color. Making the blocks for others was an exercise in stash diving to find the right combination for everyone. I think choosing fabrics was the hardest part of the swap–we used Bonnie's scrappy mountain majesties pattern which is easy peasy.

5 comments:

Shelina said...

I think it looks great. I tend to wind up with a bunch of blocks that I haven't use when I do a swap. I'm working on changing that.

Kay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kay said...

Have you thought about turning the border blocks l80 degrees?

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Oh isn't this yummy! I love it.

Rainbows in Wool said...

once again, i land here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...