Sunday, October 28, 2007

Plaid Happy

Several years ago, I participated in a swap of plaid swappers stars and decided to make some machine appliqué alternate blocks . . . and stalled after making the first half-dozen . . . Last summer, when Micki announced her scrappy mountains majesties swap. I thought it was perfect, since I'd thought my plaid happy quilt needed a scrappy plaid border of Delectable Mountains blocks. Today, I pulled out some of the blocks and put them up on the design wall to see how it might look.

The original plan

I think all that plaid would probably benefit from some cream and tan sashing, but I think I like it.

For Micki's swap, each swap chose the color combination they wanted to receive . . . and allowed me to choose plaid as a color. Making the blocks for others was an exercise in stash diving to find the right combination for everyone. I think choosing fabrics was the hardest part of the swap–we used Bonnie's scrappy mountain majesties pattern which is easy peasy.

5 comments:

Shelina said...

I think it looks great. I tend to wind up with a bunch of blocks that I haven't use when I do a swap. I'm working on changing that.

Kay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kay said...

Have you thought about turning the border blocks l80 degrees?

*karendianne. said...

Oh isn't this yummy! I love it.

Rainbows in Wool said...

once again, i land here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...