Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Cool Doggie

Railyard DogYou can see this dog sculpture from Cerillos Road, a main commercial drag in Santa Fe. He always makes me smile when I drive past.

The last time I went to the Farmer's Market, I decided to take time before I hit the market and to smell the roses in the rose garden in Railyard Park and enjoy an up close look at the cool dog that catches my eye every time I see him.

The first surprise was the bench swing hanging beneath him.

I also liked his dog tag, which identifies the artist and the work.
Dog Tag

Here's one more photo, with people, to give you an idea of the scale of Yard Dog. I don't know what breed of dog he is meant to be, but I love him.

Railyard Dog
Railyard Park

He's located in Railyard park, a little urban park built on a former railyard.

I love how they filled in the rails to create paths.

Native PlantsI actually did take time to check out the rose garden in the park and enjoy the last roses of summer as well as some of the other native plants in the park ... even though I have a sneaky suspicion that I'm quite allergic to the pollens produced by those yellow flowers on the Chamisa in the foreground.

2 comments:

Gail in Vegas said...

Love the dog! Wish I could afford to have the artist make me one, especially with the swing. Of course, then I would need a house with a big enough lot to put doggie on, hmmmm, that might be an issue.

Debra Dixon said...

Looks like a great reuse for the space and the dog adds a lot of character.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...