Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Feeling Fall-ish

With the first cold snap of Fall, I feel the urge to knit, make soups and roast vegetables,  get outside and enjoy the outdoors during the day and curl up in the evening with a pot of tea and some hand-stitching.

Last night, I finished this beret. It's a quick knit from some wool-cashmere yarn (Debbie Bliss Cashmerino) in my stash using the Meret Mystery Beret pattern.

The fit is pretty good, but I'll probably add a ribbon on the inside to maintain the correct head size and keep the edge from stretching. I also need to block it so lace pattern will be more apparent-last night I tried a large dinner plate and a round serving platter and neither was quite large enough.

Last week, I finally sewed down the binding on an old quilt project and am basting the layers of an older one so it can be finally finished and enjoyed–photos soon.

The makings for vegetarian stock are in the fridge along with a butternut squash.

Are you feeling Fall-ish?  What does that inspire in you?

2 comments:

lj_cox said...

I was feeling Fallish... but then we had three days of temps in the 100's, and it went away.

The hat's really cute!

black bear cabin said...

love that beret! ill be right over for some of that butternut squash :)
absolutely love this time of year...and ive been digging out all my soup and stew recipes! Happy autumn to you sophie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...