Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Flour Sacks!

It is probably because I am working on my own quilt from patterned, vintage feed sacks, Road trip to the 1930's, that this quilt really caught my eye at the Infinite Variety show.

Red & White Flour sack quilt

In this redwork quilt, each block is made from a flour sack with the company name and logo, carefully embroidered by the quiltmaker.

Red & White Floursack quilt detail Red & White Floursack quilt detail 

I thought it might be fun to try a couple of these as designs myself, so I took a few detail photos of my favorites. 

Red & White Floursack quilt detail Red & White Floursack quilt detail

Red & White Floursack quilt detail Red & White Floursack quilt detail

Do you recognize any of these brands?  My friend says that Carnation is still using this logo.

2 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

I think it's great that redwork has made a comeback--anything to get needleworkers embroidering again is a Plus!

Lynn said...

I love redwork and red and white quilts. Really I love any quilt.
Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...