Sunday, March 20, 2011

How Green is my ... Design Wall

I haven't made time to quilt in so long, so National Quilting Day seemed to be a good reason to dip into my scraps and get busy.

Green Blocks on my Design Wall

First, I cut and sewed triangles and made more scrappy stars in shades of the designated color for March, green. I want to make more, but the five star blocks on the left side are a start.

Then I pulled out my cream/tan scraps and made six inch 9-patches and two inch 4-patches and some strips to put them together into single chain and knot blocks–alternate blocks for a sampler quilt that I am now almost ready to put together.

Then I cut more green and cream scraps, combined them with some other colors and made some sample blocks for the April Block Lotto ... which I can't share until April 1.

I hope I'll find time before the end of the month to make more stars, more crumb blocks and . . . maybe make green and cream doll quilt.

Edited to add ... it's all Julie's fault.  I saw the leftover green bits on her wall and started playing with mine.  It's 11 inches square right now ... I'm not sure if it's done (mug rug?) or if it will grow into that doll quilt.

leftovers

Right now, I'm thinking it could be interesting on-point with some applique setting squares and more--yes I have more leftover--4 patches.

What is on your design wall? Check out more design walls at Judy Laquidera's blog Patchwork Times.

9 comments:

Pat from Florida said...

Love all these various greens together. I'll be watching your progress.

Rian said...

Oh that is dynamite! Good to see you back in the saddle.

Kathy said...

You've done so much already with your green scraps. That single block would look good set on point with some large corner triangles.

kwiltnkats said...

Don't you just love the green / white and beige mix? I made a green / light tan scrappy quilt that I call Koda with Bonnie Hunter's design My Blue Heaven. Loved how it finished. It seemed at first like it wouldn't work with all the greens but it did. I was very pleased how well it created space in my green scrap storage bin! Sandi

Sheri said...

Lovely!

floribunda said...

I love your scrappy stars! (I'm lazy about doing triangles unless I "have" to...)

Debra Dixon said...

Green is such a fresh color! It looks good with everything. I like your stars alot.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a lovely fresh looking design wall with so many great projects!

Pat/SWquilter said...

Your green endeavors look wonderful - and you really accomplished a lot! I've been taking a break since the first wedding quilt was finished but need to get moving on the second one soon. Three of my nieces are getting married this year.

Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...