Saturday, December 02, 2006

Blue Ridge Quiltfest


Imagine this dining room--with it's wonderful mountain views and all that light--filled with quilters ... and you'll have an idea of what it could look like during the Blue Ridge Quiltfest, a gathering of online quilters being planned for March 22-25, 2007 by Janet Wickell, the Quilting guide on about.com.

The venue will be the Pisgah Inn, a charming, historic inn in the Blue Ridge mountains that is opening a week early so we can fill it with quilters. Details will be available soon, but attendees can look forward to something like:
  • A few options for excursions for Friday (for people who want to come a day early) like a trip to shop at the famous Mary Jane's (quilt shop) or to tour the famous Biltmore Estate
  • Some class or quilting options (probably on Saturday) -- hopefully some taught by forum members, but probably also a "name" or two.
  • Some sort of entertainment one evening
  • Some sort of challenge for participants
  • A quilt show of our quilts
  • Lots of opportunities to quilt and chat together ;-)
We'll have the place to ourselves, so a quilting pajama party is also a real possibility.

I fell in love with the area when I visited one of my brothers while he was attending college there . I'm definitely planning on a return trip for the FIRST annual Blueridge Quiltfest. Anyone want to join me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sister, that looks like fun! I'd love to join you but doubt it's in the cards. I love the picture--you really captured a mood there.

sophie said...

The photo is from the website for the Inn. Those windows really grabbed my attention. I'm pretty sure that running away to NC at the end of March is a lot more appealing to us that will be really sick and tired of Winter by then ;-)

Jane Ann said...

I'm from that part of the world and I can vouch for its beauty. Biltmore is interesting and Asheville is a treat. I can't go except in spirit, but I hope it comes together so you can give us a wonderful report.

sophie said...

Awwww ... I was hoping you might be tempted to make road trip (and I would get to meet you alive and in person).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...