Saturday, December 30, 2006

Community Quilting

Sewing
Yesterday I spent the day with friends from my small group, creating tops for Quilts of Valor. Blocks were laid out on the pool table and floor.
Arranging blocks on the pool table
Settings were designed, fabrics auditioned for alternate squares or sashing and ... before we knew it we had pieced 7 tops and backs which two longarmers in the group will turn into Quilts of Valor ... and we'll be binding lots-0-quilts soon. Here's the finished top, made from some Swappers Star swap blocks that I contributed to the cause.
top #4
We also finished two WIPs for fundraising quilts--one for the guild and one for cancer research. I think we were all impressed with what we were able to achieve in a single day.

2 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Fabulous! just fabulous!

Scrapmaker said...

Good for you, and the quilt turned out beautifully! Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...