Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Endless Star Blocks

The last time I had my Stretched Star blocks on the wall, I decided I needed more. So I made some.

endless star blocks

The number of blocks has gone from 16 (from the swap) to 20 to these 30 ... now, I've decided that I don't like these proportions and need to make more to either make it square or make a longer rectangle ...

I probably would have made those blocks and this project would be a top by now if I'd not been distracted by an antique block being discussed in the Handpiecing folder on the Quilting forum and Becky's idea about how it could be pieced seminole fashion. Of course I had to try it ...

Strip-pieced North Point Compass

I love that it has 21 points. You can see some great (finished!) examples of this block in the discussion about the North Point Compass.

My last work in progress of the week is my progress toward beta blogger ... I finally was able to get myself removed from a Team Blog that was long abandoned after a knit-a-long finished almost a year ago. Since Team blogs are not yet supported by beta blogger, if you're a member of one, you won't see the options to move to Beta. You can't remove yourself from a team blog and, until a couple days ago, I couldn't get a response from the owner. It was a blogger catch-22. Now, I'm ready to LEAP ... and trust that the NET will appear. (Cross your fingers for me).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your North Point Compass is beautiful. I love the subtle movement in the center. Lovely work.

Anonymous said...

The NP Compass is astonishing! And the Endless Stars are, too. Nice work.

Teresa said...

WOW! To both of your projects!

Let me know how the switch to betablogger goes on your Mac. I have been thinking of switching, but not until I can get my PC on the internet here in Guam or until I get back to MN.

Jane Ann said...

I've loved your stretched star quilt from its first debut. Looks great to me, but you're the better judge of when to stop. Can't wait to see it finished (no pressure, y'unnerstan!).

laura west kong said...

Love all the colors in the star blocks and your compass is amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...