Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Oh Joy . . .

. . . I finally finished my response to one of Amy's Project Runway challenges.

Joy Fiber Postcard

In week four, the designers each chose an out-dated fashion trend, then in teams of three, created a three-piece collection.

Amy asked that we choose at least two of the outdated trends to use in our piece. I really (really) wanted to finish something, so I went for easy and chose:
  • Neon
  • Cutouts
  • Fringe
I have a feeling that Michael Kors would call it safe, Nina would declare it boring and Heidi Klum would make a face, but I don't care. I'm happy to be done ;-)

Here's how the Project Runway designers interpreted these outdated trends (image from BPR), as well as Pleather, Poodle Skirts, 70's Flare, Overalls, Dancewear, Baggy Sweater, Underwear as Outerwear, Zoot Suit and Shoulder Pads.

I was sorry to see Chris go :-(

4 comments:

AmyB said...

Oh JOY is right -- I love this card! It's very fun and festive, and a great way to interpret the challenge.

Rian said...

Well, I think it's darned cool if you ask me!

Sheri said...

Love it!
Amys challanges sounds like fun but I'm just too busy right now.
Sheri

Finn said...

Hi Sophie, linked over from Amy's...great blog! I'm happy to say that Chris is BACK!..who knew that could happen?
Love your little JOY piece...who cares what Michael thinks? Love your stashbusting ideas. Hugs, Finn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...