Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Yummy!

When I read the recipe for acorn squash stuffed with wild rice on Amy's blog, The Calico Cat, this morning, I thought it looked like it would be good. After work today, I made a quick stop at my local produce market to pick up a few groceries, then came home and made some of Amy's vegan-friendly main course . . . and it was yummy! I won't repeat the recipe here–you can follow the link and check it out.

The store was sold out of pecans, so picked up something they call Cranzi-Cherry Berry mix. It contains almonds (I picked those out and put them aside), roasted pecans and dried cranberries, cherries and blueberries. I used it for both the pecans and cherries in the recipe.

I made a half recipe, enough for dinner (with a glass of an interesting Merlot) and a great lunch (sans wine) tomorrow, too.

Thanks, Amy, for the great recipe.

2 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

glad you liked it!

DebbyMc said...

My sister sent this recipe to me last month and we LOVE it!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...