Saturday, July 26, 2014

It's not much, but it's progress

Scrappy Red Tote in ProgressI've sewn the sections for my new red scrappy tote together.

It will have a black twill bottom and black and red straps.

I changed my mind about making a messenger-style bag and decided on a slim tote that would be good for carrying my iPad, keyboard and some paper files, or a few library books.

I really like the scrappy version of the Spokes block we're making for the Block Lotto this month. The background is constructed from four squares and the spokes were added in a different order than in the non-scrappy blocks. First the four squares were sewn into a background with the vertical and horizontal spokes added.

The trickiest part was adding the correct fabric to the diagonal spokes so that they will match/blend with the background squares.

This is the last of my red scraps projects for the Rainbow Scraps Challenge ... I hope to finish before the end of the month, ready for whatever color comes next.

Cutting for Scrappy Spokes Block Scrappy Spokes Block

7 comments:

Marly said...

This is going to be a really super tote. Well done.

Sewing Up A Storm said...

I really like the one block against all the red! It is going to look really nice when it is done.

My favorite of your recent projects is the sunflower quilt you are working on. Can't wait to see more on that one.

Nell's Quilts said...

This should make up into a really neat little tote. Looking forward to seeing the finish.

Cathy Tomm said...

Super cute patch work for you tote. The star worked out great.

Anonymous said...

This will make a great tote. Those blocks are good for so many things, aren't they?

Marie Joerger said...

Love how your Mod-mod quilt is coming together... Mine is still stuck in my head though the fabric is all sitting in a box waiting for me :) I think the spoke block is my favorite so far!! They look lovely both in your tote and as you have them on your design wall!!!

Sheila said...

Love red! This is going to be a great tote.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...